Tickets on SALE here from July 1, 2021
The Roxby Downs Racing Club
The racing club was formed in 1991 and held its first unregistered meeting a year later.
The first registered meeting was in June 1994 and was attended by a very large crowd of about 2000 people.
The Club’s vision is to ensure a long-term sustainable annual race meeting to:
- Establish a unique race meeting that becomes a major event on the State’s social calendar
- Provide an entertaining and enjoyable day for patrons/community of Roxby Downs
2021 Outback Cup Program
Secker Real Estate Calcutta
Friday 10th September @ 7pm till 11pm
Venue: Roxby Downs Community Club – Your Local Community Club (roxbydownsclub.com.au)
ESS | Blackwoods | BHP – Roxby Races
Saturday 11th September – Gates open @ 11am
Where: Alliance Airlines Roxby Downs Race Course
General Admission: Online tickets will be available on this website from July 1st 2021 @ $30pp (children under 18 are free).
VIP Marquee: Blackwoods VIP Marquee. SOLD OUT
Car Parking: $5 per car
***This is a licensed venue, Strictly NO BYO alcohol
Local, Metropolitan and Interstate Racing. SKY broadcasting, Goodline Bookmakers Ring and TAB facilities. AEM Main Bar, ESS family area and the Sip & Save Wine Tent.
|Race 1||Dixon $7,500, Maiden Plate, 1000 meters|
|Race 2||Mine Tech Engineering $10,000, Benchmark 64, 1200 meters|
|Race 3||Cleanaway $7,500, Benchmark 54, 1000 meters|
|Race 4||ESS $7,500, Benchmark 60, 1400 meters|
|Race 5||BHP $15,000, Roxby Downs Cup, 1800 meters|
|Race 6||Kalari Transport $7,500, Benchmark 54, 1600 meters|
For most successful in passing the Enerven finishing post in the placings:
Kalari Transport leading jockey and leading trainer – $2,000 each
Blackwoods VIP Marquee
- Entry to Roxby Races 2021
- 3 course lunch
- 10 tickets for the purchase of exclusive drinks
- Special draws and prizes exclusive to Marquee patrons
- Private bar service and dedicated TAB Bookmaker
Only 200 Tickets available so don’t miss out. Buy online from 1 July 2021 at www.roxbydownsraceclub.com
ESS | Blackwoods | BHP Roxby Race Weekend
Roxby Windscreens & Outback Chocolate Box – Free Children’s Entertainment!
Track and grounds preparations done by:
BSH Waste Solutions, Roxby Earthmoving, Toll Transport and Monadelphous
PANDUIT Fashions at the Races
1st $1000, 2nd $400 and 3rd $100
Best Footwear Women’s
Kid Categories – Roxby Downs
Best Dressed 5 & Under 2017
Best Dressed 17 year and under
Best dressed under 10 years
Criteria for Roxby Races Fashions at the Races 2021
Suitability of the Outfit for Our Event
- Entrants should dress for the appropriate season (i.e. a Winter Cup)
- Footwear should be tailored to our conditions ie: dirt track, gravel, paved areas
- It is essential that entrants should wear Race Cup daywear fashion (appropriate to occasion)
Originality and Confidence
- Personality and originality of their outfit should make them stand out in a positive manner
- They should look and feel confident
Attention to Detail with Accessories
- Appropriate headwear is essential for ladies
- Men’s accessories should be considered but not essential
- The overall look must be considered in the judging i.e. bag, shoes, jewellery and headwear (the entire outfit must be complementary and cohesive)
Appreciation of Current Trends
- Entrants must show that they aware of current trends and interpret these in their own way (without losing personal flare)
Grooming and Deportment
- Entrants will be judged according not only to their outfit, but also the way they carry themselves on stage
- Hair, makeup and behaviour on stage will also be considered by the judges
Registrations will commence from 11:30am on race day.
Getting to the Races
The Roxby Downs Racecourse is located just on the outskirt of town, only 1km from the Shopping Centre or a 15 minute walk.
There is a walking track from the pony club to the race course.
Travelling thru Port Augusta from Adelaide, turn right onto Stuart Highway heading towards Cobber Pedy, Approximately 170km north of Port Augusta, turn right onto the Pimba Highway.
Follow the signs to Roxby Downs which is another 85km from Pimba.
Roxby Downs have few accommodation options:
- Roxby Downs Motor Inn – The Roxby Tavern (roxbydownstavern.com)
- Myall Grove Holiday Park – Roxby Downs, Central Corridor, South Australia | Discovery Parks (discoveryholidayparks.com.au)
Committee Members 2021
Secretary and Public Officer
Phil McEvoy & David McNamara
No 1 Ticket holder – John Letts